Missed a Holiness Meeting? No problem! We?ve got you covered. We've provided a podcast of our most recent sermons from the pulpit of TSA Monterey Corps Church! The perfect way to ignite your daily devotional time with the Lord.
Follow the link to start listening right away: TSA Monterey Peninsula Church Sermon Podcast
Our Foundations of Faith
The Salvation Army is a worldwide church, and our Corps Community Centers provide church services and act as community hubs for spiritual development through a multitude of programs. These programs range from providing a sanctuary for quiet prayer, worship services, and Sunday School to Bible study groups, Women's Ministries, Men's Fellowships, music & instruction, and character building programs for children.
- The Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments were given by inspiration of God, and that they only constitute the Divine rule of Christian faith and practice.
- There is only one God, who is infinitely perfect, the Creator, Preserver, and Governor of all things, and who is the only proper object of religious worship.
- There are three persons in the Godhead - the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, undivided in essence and co-equal in power and glory.
- In the person of Jesus Christ, the Divine and human natures are united, so that He is truly and properly God and truly and properly man.
- Our first parents were created in a state of innocence, but by their disobedience, they lost their purity and happiness, and that in consequence of their fall, all men have become sinners, totally depraved, and as such are justly exposed to the wrath of God.
- The Lord Jesus Christ has, by His suffering and death, made an atonement for the whole world so that whosoever believes in Him will be saved.
- Repentance toward God, faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and regeneration by the Holy Spirit are necessary to salvation.
- We are justified by grace through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and that he that believeth hath the witness in himself.
- Continuance in a state of salvation depends upon continued obedient faith in Christ.
- It is the privilege of all believers to be wholly sanctified, and that their whole spirit and soul and body may be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- In the immortality of the soul, the resurrection of the body, in the general judgment at the end of the world, in the eternal happiness of the righteous, and in the endless punishment of the wicked.